Well, my December Daily is all ready to go and I have completed my first page. Some of you might remember that I am teaching a class on how to put this album together, Saturday, December 8th, so I wanted to show a little of the process to those who are participating so that they can gather their own things for each day this week so during class time they can catch up on their own album.
Here is the cover which has been finished for some time and I have already shared.
Here is a picture of Day 1. I wish I had thought to take a picture of it before I started the finishing process but I forgot to. I did take a before picture of Day 2 so at least you can see the transformation for that page.
I am using the Teresa Collins Christmas Countdown Kit which is brand new this year. I absolutely love it. The size is perfect and I love the three ring binder so I can add as many extra pages as I want. There are three tabbed dividers. In the first section I will have all of my daily pages. In the second section I am planning on documenting special foods and recipes that we like during the holidays and the third tab will be for all the family gatherings we will be attending when we go to Florida to visit after Christmas.
A December Daily should be a no stress fun way to document one or two things that are happening in your life on each day of December. Some days I will take pictures, like I did today, and other days I will fill my page with thoughts, or quotes, or other important information. I think the key is to have fun.
A goal of mine this year is to do more journaling than I normally do. I have a hard time with journaling and so I am going to take this opportunity to really challenge myself.
Here is the start of Page 2. I have put some embellishments and the date on each of the pages but I am sure that once finished it won't be as bare.
So here are some things to think about as you prepare for your December Daily album.
- Did something special happen that I could document either with a picture or journaling.
- Do I have a tradion that I want to document.
- Are there any goals that I have for December that I want to document.
- Did I get together with family or friends to do something special.
- Did I watch a holiday movie or show that day.
- My favorite holiday things, such as movies, songs, colors, decorations, presents, traditions.
- My holiday shopping experience.
- My wish list or that of my kids.
- Something special that I did for others.
- Something special that someone did for me or my family.
- Remembering holidays of the past.
Oh the list could go on and on, but hopefully that is a good start for you. I used December 1st to document a tradition that we do each year on the first day of the month and how Garrett got to participate for the first time but maybe you will have something different that you want to document.
Please stop by tomorrow so you can see Day 2. I will try to post a new page each day but if I don't I will be sure to catch up the day after. For those taking my class, I suggest that you have envelopes or sandwich baggies labeled for Day 1- Day 7 and be sure to put down your thoughts or ideas plus any pictures that you might have for that day inside the envelope. It will help you stay ahead of the game.
Supplies you will need for class: (please check back as this list might change)
- paper trimmer
- favorite adhesive for small things
- foam adhesive (if you know me, I use these a lot!)
- black journaling pen
- circle punches
- glue dots, craft and mini size
- small Xyron 'X'
- bone folder
- Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher and staples or small stapler
As of right now, there are only 3 spots left in the class. Please contact me as soon as possible if you would like to either get a kit or participate in the class.